CBSE paper leak:The incidents dogging parents and students alike in the past few days have seen CBSE Chairperson Anita Karwal issuing the statement that the decision to hold re-examination of class 10 Mathematics and class 12 Economics papers was taken in favour of the students and that the CBSE re-examinations dates for the tests would be announced soon. In the latest CBSE news, Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar said that the CBSE was likely to announce on Monday or Tuesday the re-examination dates. Meanwhile, the Delhi Police interrogated a private tutor from a Rajinder Nagar coaching centre over the CBSE paper leaks. However, so far, no person has been arrested, according to the police.
While the authorities tried to reach the “point of origin” of the CBSE papers leaked through WhatsApp ahead of the examinations, a group of students staged a protest against the CBSE question paper leaks at Jantar Mantar in Delhi on Thursday. The students demanded either a re-examination of all subjects or none at all. The question paper of class 12 economics exam, held on March 26, and the Maths question paper of the class 10 exam, held on March 28, were leaked on social media hours before the examination time. Subsequently, the CBSE announced a re-examination and police investigation into the matter.
The Delhi Police crime branch said they were trying to trace the trail of the paper leaks. “We are trying to trace the trail of the paper leak. One private tutor was named by CBSE in its complaint; he is being interrogated,” said R P Upadhyay, special Commissioner of Police, Delhi. Further, the crime branch questioned 25 people, including 18 students and five tutors, in connection with the leak of CBSE examination papers.
Here are the top 10 developments in the CBSE paper leak saga, The Announcement of CBSE re-examination dates
1) Students don’t have to worry about anything.
2) CBSE re-examination dates likely to be announced by Monday or Tuesday.
3) Multiple CBSE papers have been leaked.
4) Hang the CBSE bosses.
5) CBSE re-examination of all subjects or none at all.
6) Student body demands high-level probe into CBSE paper leak.
7) Rajinder Nagar coaching centre tutor interrogated.
8) No arrest yet in CBSE paper leak.
9) Congress wants Javadekar and Karwal sacked.
10) Javadekar says culprits of CBSE paper leak won’t be spared.