The registration process for University Grant Commission’s UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) 2018 is underway and the deadline for the same is 5 April. Candidates interested in applying for the exam can do so at Central Board of Secondary Education’s (CBSE) portal – cbsenet.nic.in.
The UGC NET 2018 will be held on July 8. The exam is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both in Indian universities and colleges. CBSE will conduct the NET 2018 exam in 84 subjects at 91 selected NET examination cities spread across the country.
The age for applying for Junior Research Fellowship has also been extended this time from 28 to 30.
How to apply:
– Log on to cbsenet.nic.in
– Click on the relevant link and enter the necessary details
– Submitting the application
– Take a printout for future reference
Important dates for UGC NET 2018:
– Starting of registration: 6 March
– Last date of registration: 5 April
– Last date for submission of fee: 6 April
– Date of examination: 8 July
UGC NET 2018 examination fee:
– General: Rs 1,000
– Other Backward Classes (non-creamy layer): Rs 500
– SC/ST/PwD/Transgender: Rs 250
Age Limit: Maximum 30 years
Category Age Relaxation:
– For OBC (non-creamy layer): Five years
– For SC/ST/PWD/Transgender: Five years
– For candidates who have served in the armed forces: Five years
– Paper I: 100 marks; number of questions: 50; duration: 1 hour (09:30 am to 10:30 am)
– Paper II: 200 marks; number of questions: 100; duration: 2 hours (11:00 am to 01:00 pm)
For more details, log on to the official website of CBSE NET.