NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 16 A Busy Month
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 130
1. How many years ago did Gijubhai write this letter?
Ans. This letter had been written about 75 years ago.
2. Find out how old were your grandfather and grandmother at that time?
Ans. My grandfather was one year old and my grandmother was not even born.
3. This letter talks about many different birds. How many of these birds have you seen?
Ans. I have seen several birds. Some of them are crow, cuckoo, dove, robin, etc.
4. How many other birds have you seen?
Ans. I have seen several other birds also. Some of them are sparrow, eagle, vulture, parrot, etc.
5. Have you seen a bird’s nest?
Ans. Yes, I have seen a bird’s nest.
6. Where did you see it?
Ans. I saw a bird’s nest on a tree in the garden.
7. Which is your favorite bird?
Ans. My favourite bird is parrot.
8. Guess this bird: ‘A crown on the head and coins on the tail. So many shades of blue from top to tail’.
Ans. This is a peacock.
9. Do you know of any other birds that makes its nest in a tree trunk like the barbet does?
Ans. Yes J know. Woodpecker makes its nest in a tree trunk like a barbet.
10.If there is a nest inside or around your house, look at it carefully. Remember, do not go too near to the nest, and do not touch it. If you do, then the bird will not come to the nest again.
Observe the nest for some days and note down the following things:
(a) Where is the nest made?
Ans. It has been made on the branch of a tree.
(b) What is the nest made of?
Ans. The nest had been made of straw and dried leaves.
(c) Is the nest complete, or are the birds still making it?
Ans. It is complete.
(d) Can you recognize what bird it is?
Ans. Yes, it is a crow.
(e) What things does the bird bring to the nest?
Ans. The crow brings twigs, straw, worms, etc., to the nest.
(f) Is there any bird sitting in the nest? ‘
Ans. Yes, one crow is sitting in the nest.
(g) Do you think there are eggs in the nest?
Ans. No, I think there are no eggs in the nest. .
(h) Can you hear any sound like-chee-chee from the nest?
Ans. Yes, I can hear a chee-chee sound from the nest.
(i) How many times in one hour do the birds come to the nest?
Ans. About two to three times birds come to the nest.
(j)After how many days did the chicks leave the nest?
Ans. In about two months chicks leave the nest.
(k) Make a picture of the nest in your notebook.
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 133
Bird Feet-Different Kind for Different Needs
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 134
Bird-Beaks-According to the Food
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 134-135
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 135
Find out about Your Own Teeth and Write
1. Your age?
Ans. 9 years.
2.How many teeth do you have?
3. Have any of your teeth fallen or broken?
4. How many?
5. How many new teeth do you have?
6. How many of your milk teeth have fallen, but no new teeth have come in their place?
Ans. Four of my milk teeth have fallen but one tooth has not come in its place so far.
Find Out More about Teeth
7. Look at your friend’s teeth. Are there different kinds of teeth?
Ans. Yes there are different kinds of teeth he has. ,
8.Can you see any difference between these teeth?
Ans. They are different. Front tooth is flat and sharp while back tooth is thick and broad.
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 136
1. If you did not have front teeth (both top and bottom) how would you eat a guava? Act and show how.
Ans. If I did not have teeth, I would eat a guava like an old man.
Show it in your class (do it yourself).
3. You do not have any teeth in your mouth. What kind of things would you be able to eat?
Ans. Only soft things and liquids
4.Draw a Picture in your notebook-How would you look if you had no teeth?
5.Find out from old people who do not have teeth-what are the kind of things that they cannot eat?
Ans. Such old people cannot eat hard things, such as tandoori roti, fried grams, etc.