NCERT Solutions For Class 4 EVS Chapter 3 A Day With Nandu
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 22
1. Nandu is only three months old, but he weighs 200 kilograms. What is your weight?
Ans. My weight is 25 kg.
2. Can you find out – the weight of how many children like you will add up to Nandu’s weight?
Ans. 8 children of my weight will add up to Nandu’s weight.
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 23-25
Fun and Games
1. If you were Nandu, and you lived in a herd, what kind of things would you do?
Ans. If I were Nandu, I would play, dance, run, and eat the whole day. In the night I would sleep with my mom.
2. In the elephant herd, the oldest female elephant decides everything. Who takes decisions in your family?
Ans. In my family most of the decisions are taken by my Dad and Mom together.
3. Nandu did things that he liked to do. If you could spend a whole day with your friends, what all would you do?
Ans. If I could spend a whole day with my friends, I would like to do the following: Play, sing, dance, eat, tell and listen stories and have a lot of fun.
4. Find out and write, which other animals live in herds.
Ans. Deer, Zebra, Chital, Gaur, Impala, Cows.
5. Do you also live in a group? Do you like to live together like that? What do you think are the good and the bad points of living in a group? Write them.
6. Have you ever taken a ride on an elephant? How did it feel?
Ans. Once I took a ride on an elephant. It felt great.
7. Which animals have you sat on? Write their names.
Ans. Horse, elephant, camel, donkey, and buffalo.
8.You must have seen many animals around you-in books, in movies. Some may be alone, some in groups. Find out more about any one of these animals and write about it.
Ans. I see dogs around me. Dog is an obedient animal. It gives us security from thieves. It keeps a watch on our homes. Dog is a four footed animal. It eats meat, rice, milk, bread, etc. Female dogs give birth to babies. Baby dogs which are called puppies are lovely.
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 27
Think and Write
1. Why do you think the egret is sitting on the buffalo?
Ans. Egret is a friend of buffalo. It eats the insects from the skin of buffalo.
2. Have you seen any animal riding on another animal? Write its name.
Ans. I saw an egret sparrow sitting on a buffalo.
3. The animal which is riding.
Ans. Egret sparrow is riding.
4. The animal which gives the ride.
Ans. Buffalo gives the ride.
5. Which animals do we use for riding?
Ans. Horse, elephant, camel, etc.
6. Which animals do we use for carrying loads?
Ans. Horse, elephant, ass, camel, ox, etc.
Make Your Own Elephant
• Copy the drawing of the elephant given on the next page in a bigger size on a thick sheet of paper.
• Make small cuts where it says “cut” (X) in the picture. Be careful not to cut off the part.
• Fold along the dotted lines (……..)
• Fold the part with [////////] pattern and push them underneath.
• Cut out the tail and stick it on.
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 30
1.You have read what these animals say. Why do you think that some of them are sad?
Ans.They are sad because many people catch them and use them for their own benefit, because of which they are deprived of freedom.
2.How do you think they are different-the monkeys that dance to entertain people and the monkeys that are free?
Ans.he monkeys that dance to entertain people do not enjoy freedom as they are caught and are used by the people for their own benefit, so they feel sad. But the monkeys that are free and live in the forest are happy. They do whatever they like. They can go wherever they want.
3.How many legs does this elephant has?