Airports In The United States
The United States of America has thousands of airports spread throughout the entire country. The USA includes some of the most occupied airports in the world. Being one of the 50 states and five territories has at the minimum one airport.
So which is the biggest airport in the US?
We list here are America’s largest airports according to size.
- Denver International Airport – 137.26 km²
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport – 69.63 km²
- Orlando International Airport – 47 km²
- Washington Dulles International Airport – 52.6 km2
- George Bush International Airport – 40.5 km2
- Salt Lake City International Airport – 31.1 km²
- O’Hare International Airport – 30.9 km²
- San Francisco Intercontinental Airport – 21.07 km²
- John F Kennedy International Airport – 21 km²
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport – 19.6 km²
1. Denver International Airport
The first greatest airport in the US name is Denver International Airport (DEN or DIA). It is discovered approximately 25 miles from Downtown Denver. It has the longest runway in North America over 4.88 kilometers with a surface area of 135.7 square kilometers.
2. Dallas/Fort Worth International
The second-largest airport on our list is Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport, Texas. This airport spreads approximately 69.63 square kilometers between Fort Worth and Dallas in Texas on land. Its construction was completed in around five years and publicly open to using on September 23, 1973.
3. Orlando International Airport, Florida (MCO)
Orlando International Airport (MCO) is the third-largest in North America, traveling 53.83km². It contains four runways and a main terminal building which is divided into two terminals with four airside concourses.
4. Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport, Texas
The 4th biggest airport in the USA is the Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD). It is found in Virginia, around 53 kilometers west of Washington DC. Dulles International Airport covers three terminals and 113 gates.
10 Largest Airports In The United States
|Rank||Airport||Size (in sq. Km)|
|10||Detroit Metropolitan Airport||19.6|
|9||John F Kennedy International Airport||21|
|8||San Francisco International Airport||21.07|
|7||O’Hare International Airport||30.9|
|6||Salt Lake City International Airport||31.1|
|5||George Bush International Airport||40.5|
|4||Washington Dulles International Airport||53|
|3||Orlando International Airport||54.6|
|2||Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport||69.63|
|1||Denver International Airport||137.26|